Monday, August 6, 2012

I Bought 18 pairs of shoes today.


(Horrible quality picture. Took it with my phone. The one with a cracked lens.)
But yes. There are 18 pairs of shoes. (Plus the top, middle pair that my mother bought for herself.)


Today was tax-free weekend in Alabama. So I bought 18 pairs of shoes. (All on sale. All tax free.) Pretty soon, with the help of some epoxy, crystals, chain, spikes, and a lot of patience, these will be gourmet works of couture art for your strutting pleasure.

I also purchased my 2nd pair of heelless shoes today:



Extremely comfortable. (Although, they did start to give me a blister on my right ankle. Nothing a bandaid won't cure.)
"Keaton" by Privileged $70something retail.
I got 'em for $18.

I'm trying to decide if I want to do anything to them. Like add chains and spikes. But first things first:

*drumroll*

I'm aiming to have a launch party in November. An actual, physical party. With Painkiller Studios merchandise, and bands and foods, and cocktails, and all that good stuff. Which means MANY MANY sleepless nights as I prepare for the launch AND grind on my 3rd year at Watkins College.
I swear to you, I'm investing in a proper coffee maker.


SNEAK PEAKS:


Part of a painting I'm doing for the Remasters of the Universe show.
My signature ghosties coming out of a teacup. 


New party bows I've been working on for Anime Weekend Atlanta and the launch party.
Thanks to my terrible camera, you can't tell that these are actually black and digital lime green.

<3

[Post Script]
It seems like I will NEVER be done. I still need business cards before the show on the 11th.
I have to put the finishing touches on 2 canvasses before the 11th.
I need a logo, and and to finish my icon, and to upload stuff to deviantArt, and to make a proper blog header. I need to make chibi cat buttons for all the characters... and packaging before Anime Weekend Atlanta... Whew... Definitely need a new coffee maker...


No comments:

Post a Comment