Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The Skrillex Weekend (Day One! With Animals!)

Finally posting this. Whew...
This was my "Last Hurrah" before moving back to Nashville for good at the end of the summer. (Previously, I had been living in Huntsville during the week and Nashville on the weekends.) I got to see 2 of my closest friends that I hadn't seen all summer.
Of course, pictures happened.
A TON of pictures happened.

I got my hair shaved into a "Skrillex" (sorta), held/petted/loved on a ton of cute animals, and had one of the best smoothies of my life.


Day 1 was me an' Ookami:

Most of the photos are after the jump.


"The lovechild of Skrillex and a My Little Pony"


In the dressing room at H&M. I got this badass skull butterfly shirt. :D
I don't think Ookami has gotten hers yet.


Samhain: 
50% Lab. 50% Pitbull. 100% Adorable.



The gorgeous Ookami. <3

Didn't go, but I loved the handpainted sign.
Welcome to Athens, Alabama: thrift stores are a dime a dozen.

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous ombre button-downs at Anthropologie.

Anthropologie is a treasure trove of creative inspiration.
It's like a street fair mixed with an arts & crafts show. But everything is high-end and tasteful.


Bridgestreet in Huntsville, Alabama. One of my favourite places on earth.

There was a dog IN MY LAP while we were heading back to my house.
We picked her up from Ookami's house and although she started out in the back seat, as soon as we hit the highway, she climbed into my lap.

Obviously, I had NO problem with this.





SITTING ON MY LAP.
<3




"Ugh, enough with the flash, already!"




THE BEST SMOOTHIE I'VE EVER HAD:
- strawberries
- blackberries
- raspberries
- almonds
- soymilk
- vanilla whey protein powder

- I never measure things. Add amounts that feel right.
- Blend til creamy.
(We had to take the blender outside, because it was 1:00am and the other people in the house were sleeping.)



Seeing how my hair would look shaved.
I have such a whippet-looking face sometimes.
(Whippet = neurotic dogs similar to greyhounds)

No makeup!!

My heart was racing at this point. I was so nervous.

Separation anxiety.

Ookami taped off the section to be shaved, to ensure a clean line. Brilliant idea, and it worked great!!

TA-DAH!

We had entirely too much fun with my weave...


Apparently my hair makes a great beard...



I seriously debated making a hair extension from my lopped-off ponytail, but I figured that might have been a bit creepy. I still have it though, and it's sitting on my desk til I figure out what to do with it.


No makeup. (!)

Totally happy with it. I'm really glad I did it.

<3<3

<3<3

Oh Ian... how I love you....
I've known this cat forever...



He's a huge maine coon of a cat...



<3<3<3

Ending a post with cat pictures is a good way to end a post.
Day Two tomorrow.
(And by "tomorrow" I mean sometime in the next week.)

<3
Clara



No comments:

Post a Comment